Monday, March 23, 2009

Featured Member: The Dog House


Hi, I’m Jane! I live in the countryside in South East Scotland with partner, Martin, my cat, Angie, & my 2 greyhounds, Max & Molly. Both dogs are ex-racers but are now very much enjoying their retirement, much of which seems to be spent on our sofas!

Inspired predominantly by greyhounds (in particular by my own 2 needle-noses), I make unique hand printed items, which I sell online in my Etsy shop, The Dog House, as well as at local craft fairs & events. I think the sleek lines & graceful (& at times not so graceful!) poses of greyhounds make striking prints.

After capturing the dogs on camera, I convert the original photographs to monochrome images which I then use to make screen prints. I like experimenting with bold colour combinations & captioning in my work. I donate 5% of the profits from each sale to Gracehounds, a small local charity run entirely by volunteers & dedicated to finding permanent homes & a better life for greyhounds & lurchers.

You can find out more about me, my dogs & my work on my blog, or follow me on twitter to catch my latest updates.

1 comment: